Match Reports‎ > ‎

Kilkenny Hurling League (Iverk) Round 2 Tullogher/Rosbercon v Ballinkillen

posted 30 Jun 2013, 06:26 by Unknown user

Tullogher/Rosbercon 0-6  Ballinkillen 2-13

Ballinkillen played their second game of the league last Saturday 14th April away to Tullogher on a cold evening, again Ballinkillen started slowly. After their first attack the home team started the scoring on the 2nd minute when their wing forward picked up on a ball that should have been cleared. Tullogher passed the ball around with effect and were causing problems for the Ballinkillen defence that had a number of wides from all areas of the pitch. It took until the 9th minute for the next score a goal by Marty Dalton who finished well when Craig Wall delivered the final pass after running thought the home defense. A minute later Peter Minchin opened his account with a point after Darren Dalton blocked his man from clearing. On the 13th minute Tullogher scored from play after Sean Minchin deemed to foul. There midfield added another after good cross field passing to open the ballinkillen rearguard leaving the score at 1-1 to 0-3 for the visitors at this stage Ballinkilllen had hit 6 wides and a goal opportunity. David English scored from a placed ball after Michael Murphy was fouled. Craig Wall and David English scored from play with Darren Dalton giving the decisive pass on both scores, Marty scored the next and was fouled immediately for English to pop over the lst score for the visitors was a free by English when Dion Wall was fouled. Tullogher the final score of the half with their wing picking up a poor clearance to leave the score Tullogher trailing 0-4 to 1-7 at the break. Ballinkillen were playing the better game having hit 10 wides in this period after having the breeze.

Tulloger opened the scoring in the second half from a free and it looked like the home side had intent but David English was getting more into the game and scored two frees when Michael Murphy and Lauren Kinsella were fouled, Tullogher scored anther free for holding on the 7th minute this to be their last score of the game. The gamed ebbed and flowed for 10 minutes without a score when David English scored a free when Craig Wall was fouled. In the closing stages of the game Darren Dalton worked hard to win ball and attack passing off to Dion wall who ran at his opposition and gave the final pass to Frankie Dowling to finish, Frankie came in for Vincent Meaner and added an amount of life and movement to the forwards.

A minute later Sean Murphy moved up the field and found himself 30mts out in order t slop a point for his account. David English scored the last point of the game with a free . Leaving the score at 2-13 to 0—06 for the visitors.

The back had the upper hand for most of this match after the first ten minutes, with the forwards starting to move well once they got the measure of the Tullogher defense, in truth this is match that Ballinkillen could have won by more but will be happy with a job completed and points tucked in the bag for the journey home.

Team: Martin Minchin, John Hughes, John Ryan, Sean Minchin, Sean Murphy 0-1, James Kinsella, Lauren Kinsella, David English 0-8, Craig Wall, Peter Minchin 0-1, Darren Dalton, Michael Murphy0-1, Dion Wall 0-1, Vincent Meaney, Marty Dalton1-1. Subs: Frankie Dowling 1-0, Keith Lennon,